Drivel that cannot fit in a single panel comic.

Tuesday, May 08, 2007

Abbey the Beagle

Abbey the Beagle arrived at my house yesterday. Yes, she is a bit chubby but we are working on her figure. Abbey is 5 years old and loves to lay around near people. She snores but not too loudly. Abbey barks, howls, whines and just lets people know what's on her mind but we are training her to speak when appropriate.

She did not eat much this morning but I think that's because she's still trying to orient herself to the new housing, people and animals.

I learned this morning that she is a must go outside first thing in the morning type of dog. Walter learned the lesson first, then I was informed.

Juggling eating styles will be interesting. Loki believes that food put out must be eaten immediately whereas Abbey so far appears to be a grazer. The trick will be to convince Abbey to eat a few bites while Loki is busy eating his own food. I have to remind Loki that he has his own food when he begs for me to put down the bowl for Abbey. Abbey and Loki haven't interacted much yet as far as play but we'll see what happens.

I will need to get back to the taking the dog to adoptions routine. I hope the Petco dog bar treats don't give her stinky gas like all my previous fosters.

If you're interested in adopting Abbey or any of her friends check her out on Saturday from 11:00 am to 5:00 pm at Petco in College Station, Texas. You can also check her out on the web at http://www.woodstocktexas.org

No comments: