Drivel that cannot fit in a single panel comic.

Thursday, August 16, 2007

Popeye the Sailor Man

Interesting story from another blog: http://www.danielharper.org/blog/?p=981

Rich Hall in one of his "Sniglets" books from the 1980's referred to it as barcuuming - using the dog as a vacuum cleaner. I use Loki like that from time to time. I don't spill that much on the floor. Loki's first adoption anniversary approaches. I will see to it he receives something special.
Drew and Vera enjoying a meal at one of those fancy revolving wall restaurants.Does reading homoerotic undertones in Popeye's statement in panel two indicate a mental problem? Does using the terms "homoerotic" and "Popeye" in the same sentence indicate even more serious problems? The implied homo-eroticism in panel 2 caused me to ignore Olive's exorcist like movements in panel 3. I need to get my mind out of the gutter.

No comments: