Drivel that cannot fit in a single panel comic.

Sunday, February 27, 2005

The blog next door: http://redstatediaries.blogspot.com/
As a tribute to Hunter S. Thompson I shall call this blog Fear and Loathing in the state of Alabama. Enjoy.

Alabama: the state that allows other states to feel better about their poor race relations.

I'll have to convince my fellow Trekkies to join me in Walk Across Texas via e-mail since the meeting that was supposed to happen did not happen.

I enjoyed the new naked chicken strips at Popeye's.

Goofy spam names:
Corkscrewing B. Infant
Millage V. Fifty
Novel M. Tonga
Metal R. Teat

I gave blood today. My 16th pint. My blood pressure was 104/62. I got my swag - a Super Buddy Blood Drop beanie type plush toy.

I discovered that my driver license expired. I rarely get carded so I don't look at it very often. I know who I am so I do not need to consult my license to verify my identity and a frightening number of local retailers do not feel the need to verify my identity either. The Red Cross needed the photo i.d. to make sure that I am older than 17 and that I was going to donate my own blood.

I was able to renew my license online. God bless the state of Texas for that innovation. Now I have to wait 15 - 20 days for the thing to get to my house. It will have the same bad photo of me. My weight is not listed on the license but I did give that information to the DPS. That information is out of date - I wrote 195 pounds when I got the license renewed 5 years ago. When I renew in 2011 I'll have to actually visit a DPS office to update my picture. After 11 years my appearance should change. I'm carrying the receipt with me in case I get pulled over by the police.

No comments: