Drivel that cannot fit in a single panel comic.

Saturday, February 12, 2005

Yesterday I walked 11,905 steps/ 8.92 kilometers.

I did not feel like doing the order of service last night. This Sunday is a guest speaker and that is a bit of logistical juggling.

(Comments about resignations removed. I got it off my chest.)

Anyway I was tempted to resign last night but that was a joke and I just got caught in the resignation fever. Actually, one of these resignations affect me directly.

The whole thing is a bit demoralizing since this is not what church is about. I'm tempted to backspace over everything now that I got it off my chest. (See paranthesis above) Some would deem publishing my opinions about church matters on a public blog inappropriate. Especially, since it is easy to surmise which church based on my profile. Have to keep up appearences. God forbid anyone know of the existence of a church, with imperfect perfect people with a variety of views that sometimes conflicts, as members. A church full of humans. A church full of diverse imperfect humans that somehow manage to worship and work together despite the occasional conflict. Don't want that getting out to the public.

I actually love my church with all its glorious imperfections because the members accept me with all my glorious imperfections. Despite my introverted nature, I still need to have some connections outside of myself. I like a church that challenges me to improve myself and the world without the hammer of guilt or threat of eternal damnation if I don't. Improvement because it is simply the right thing to do and what a healthy person is designed to do.

When in doubt - black it out. This entry may not make much sense with some of the self-censorship but I do this for me. If others may take whatever they find useful in my ramblings.

Come to my church on Sunday. Service starts at 10:30am

Goofy spam names:
Charity B. Shook

No comments: