Drivel that cannot fit in a single panel comic.

Friday, June 21, 2019

Soylent Café Vanilla review





Decided to try some Soylent. It has led to a few jokes from friends, most of whom are Baby Boomer or Gen-X. Actually, it has led to variations on a single joke. It's people. I haven't actually seen the movie but I have seen the various jokes.



Here's a couple of links about the movie:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Soylent_Green

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0070723/



Soylent Green is a 1973 American dystopian thriller film directed by Richard Fleischer and starring Charlton Heston and Leigh Taylor-Young. Edward G. Robinson appears in his final film.



In case you don't feel like watching the video or listening to my rambling, I didn't care for the this flavor. Vanilla or its extract isn't listed as an ingredient. Tasted too much of the coffee. I like the caffeine in coffee but not the taste. I end up negating the benefits of coffee by adding things to hide the taste.



I think it is a pretty good value compared to a 16 ounce Starbucks coffee drink. More nutritious.



I think it is a bold move to take a product to market with a name that has some negative connotations for a large section of the US population.



I checked Soylent's Twitter and website and no mention of the movie. I feel sorry for the social media people that probably have to go through and remove all the thousands "It's people!" jokes.



I think Soylent should take it a step further and make green drink, powder or bar. Maybe in 2023.



The label says "Produced with genetic engineering" So, if it is people at least it's better people.

No comments: