Drivel that cannot fit in a single panel comic.

Friday, January 05, 2007

Two of the joys of producing a somewhat funny but not brilliant web comic is the lack of death threats and not pissing off a lot of people when real life intrudes upon updates.

I've been asked to kill myself but I've not irritated anyone to the point of them mustering the time and energy to do the job themselves or put down the money to hire someone to kill me. Just a command and a hope that I would obey that command.

A small part of my life is based on a similar hope. I send my commands telepathically. So far it has not worked. The woman using the treadmill next me never shut up, the woman with several noisy children did not kill them, and no one fully paid attention the words coming out of their mouths. No one thought for an entire minute.

As for real life intruding upon updates. Hey, Ces! When will there be new Medium Large? I know that paying work and other things take precedence over a free web comic but what about my needs? I need to be reminded that there are people who draw better and are funnier and that I will never achieve that level of wit. Also, I could use the laugh.

Part of me knows that I can do better but another part of me wonders if this is my best. It is the second part that bothers me. I have a reached some limit? I should focus on the first part and take action.

Some think I should turn it over to Jesus. At least in Jesus I would be content in my bit above averageness. At least that is the theory. After all, God has a plan and place for everyone and maybe his plan needs a somewhat mediocre web comic and a person to do a dead-end, although well-compensated, job to fully function.

Actually, the theory is that Jesus will magically make you a better person without any effort on your part. At least, that is how I've observed some self-proclaimed Christians act. They don't try.

This whole line of thinking is why I don't fully believe in an anthropomorphic, personal god. I hold on to the belief in an anthropomorphic, personal god for comedic purposes. It is too rich a mine to completely walk away from.

No comments: