Drivel that cannot fit in a single panel comic.

Monday, January 05, 2004

Now the wing back chair is off limits. The chair has been off limits for two weeks now but Harley and me find a way to get on it when nobody is sitting in it. It is so comfortable. The comfort is worth the balancing act that we have to do in order to get to the seat.

For some weird reason, Linda and Walter want some Basset free furniture. They think the floor, our bed and the couch should be adequate for our needs. We are Bassets, we deserve more.

Today, Linda went back to work. It was just Walter and us all day.

We ate some pizza crusts and lunch meat. Linda said that Harley and me were not very good scent hounds because Rusty, the non-hound found the bit of meat on the floor before we did. I guess it did not occur to Linda that we were being nice and let Rusty find the meat. We have the scenting talent but no formal training.

Rusty and me got into a little bit of a shouting match over some pizza crust. I won.

Walter and Linda say we look a bit like the crocodiles at Australia Zoo during feeding demonstrations. Harley has a bit of trouble with catching food in the air. Sometimes he clips the morsel and it goes flying off in a new direction.

I got a good whiff of Salvador, the bird. His body covering tickled my nose. He does not smell very appetizing. Apparently birds do not greet each other via butt sniffing. He did not appreciate my nose in his butt and he flew off. Of course, I do not know exactly where his butt is. I just checked the end opposite of his head.

This is Daisy, signing off.

No comments: