Drivel that cannot fit in a single panel comic.

Friday, June 16, 2006

Loki spent the day at the office, yesterday. He received lots of attention. I took him to the vet after work. He needed to get his rabies shot certificate. The old one got misplaced.

Loki had a good time exploring the campus and chasing squirrels. A mockingbird strafed him.

Loki was well behaved. He is a great dog.

---------------------------

My term as Board President is going okay, so far. I've met with the office staff and informed her of changes. Met with the search committee and got them started. I will be contacting the District Ministerial Settlement Representative to give her a time when we can meet.

There are still other things to do. I'm doing them at my pace but I get the impression that my pace is not fast enough for others. I'm not a sprinter. I try not to let the to-do list overwhelm me. Have to remember to stay steady or else I will not have the energy to make it to the finish line.

I presided over my first board meeting. It went a little long but it was a huge agenda. I'm glad that the past-President was out of town that day. I found it helpful to not have that shadow over me at the first meeting. It allowed me space to set the tone. I think I will skip the first Board meeting that the new president will preside over.

--------------------------

I haven't attempted a sprint in a long time - just run as fast as I can for a short distance. I ran as fast as I could during the last .2 miles of the Freescale Marathon but that is not quite the same. I wonder how fast I can run straight off the start line? Last time I attempted a sprint I aggravated a knee injury. That was over 11 years ago. My knee has survived 3 marathons and the training. My legs are stronger but I'm still hesitant to try a sprint. Kind of odd, since I've ran up to 8 mph on a treadmill. I felt as if my legs were going to fly apart when I set the treadmill that fast.

I need to visit a track and time a single lap. It might be interesting and/or comical.

Do I know how to run fast anymore? Run fast for no real reason, like I did as a kid.

No comments: