Drivel that cannot fit in a single panel comic.

Friday, February 23, 2007

Last night, I posted my 1,500th comic. I've drawn over 1,500 comics. I need help.

Holy crap, Stanley! You're about to explode!

At least Harriet is wearing a less dangerous bra.

The characters are named Stanley and Harriet Parker. I had to visit the King Features website to find that bit of information because nobody ever mentions names.

According to my Red Cross Blood Donor card my last blood pressure reading was 104/62, so in doing the math that equals 52/31, so actually I'm a zombie.


Mortimer Creech is a great name. I want to meet someone named Mortimer Creech. Mortimer Creech , it's fun to say. I like the way it feels. Mortimer Creech, Mortimer Creech, Mortimer Creech, Mortimer Creech, Mortimer Creech, Mortimer Creech...

Yes, we can make a difference without interacting with the sick, deformed Asian children.

This comic does demonstrates why I don't like to draw multi-panel comics. As a non-professional cartoonist I have the tendency to worry about little details like where everyone is sitting and try to maintain some continuity from panel to panel or at least make clear something happened off panel that would cause a change in seating arrangement. Apparently, a professional cartoonist does not have worry about such details.

If something happened between the panels of this comic that caused Mary to go from an aisle seat to a window seat then it is the responsibility of the artist to indicate that. An onomatopoeia would be useful. I propose FLURMPH to represent the sound of the space inside an aircraft folding and unfolding thus causing the passenger seating to switch sides. A side effect of the FLURMPH is that everyone loses interest or that they are resigned to the fact that Mary and Jeff are not going to shut the hell up despite the withering stares.

No comments: