Drivel that cannot fit in a single panel comic.

Friday, February 20, 2004

I need to do something about the title of this blog. It is nicely alliterative even though its focus has expanded.

I will be 35 years old tomorrow. The cable company will take the MTV away and TV and movie producers will no longer be interested in appealing to me. I will no longer exist in the eyes of marketers. Oh well.

Something about 5/10 birthdays compels me to take inventory. The UUA still considers me a young adult. There is another reason to become an Unitarian-Universalist.

A partial inventory of trivial things and numbers that have shaped my life:
I've lived in 20 different dwellings. I attended 6 elementary schools, 4 middle schools, 1 high school, 2 community colleges and 1 university. Attended 5 churches regularly.

I've earned a degree from the university. I've made honor roll twice in High School and made Dean's List once at the university.

5 relatives are no longer living. 4 grandparents and 1 aunt.

There have been 7 family pets:4 cats, 3 dogs. I've owned 6 pets: 1 bird, 1 fish, 4 dogs. 3 of the dogs and the bird are still alive.

I've been married for almost 10 years. I've had my current job for almost 8 years. I've been in the workforce since 1987. I've worked for McDonalds and Burger King. I've been employed by 14 different organizations.

I attempted to learn two foreign languages: Japanese and Spanish. I've been to one foreign country, The Bahamas.

I have played the clarinet and tenor saxophone. Neither very well.

I have flown on airplanes, rode horses, rode on the Goodyear Blimp and traveled on a cruise ship. The largest fish I've ever caught weighed 6 pounds. I've spoken in front of an audience 6 times.

My tonsils are gone and my tubes are tied but I still have my appendix. I had my first cavity filled this year. I've never had stiches nor a broken bone. I've had a nose bleed once.

I've bench pressed 75 pounds, curled 50 pounds, leg pressed 200 pounds and ran in a marathon. Not in the same day.

I've read the Bible, Huckleberry Finn and the Grapes of Wrath, twice. I tried to read James Joyce, Joseph Conrad and William Faulkner. My attempts failed. I've read 3 James Michener novels, the Hitchhikers series, the Lord of the Rings, Gone With the Wind and the Dune series written by Frank Herbert. Currently reading the Tibetan Book of the Dead.

I own over 100 comic books and Hot Wheels. I don't own a hair dryer, curlers, coffee maker, tea kettle nor a Dutch oven. I own one pair of pumps - black. I've dyed my hair twice and had it permed once.

I've seen all the Star Trek and Star Wars movies. I've never seen a Best Picture Academy Award winner in a movie theater. I've drawn over 750 cartoons. I've watched over 750 cartoons.

Kansas City is the farthest north I've ever travelled.

No comments: