Drivel that cannot fit in a single panel comic.

Thursday, February 26, 2004

There is a proliferation of web comics based on Sonic and Megaman characters. Check it out here. Right now there is 3 of them on the Comic strips Top 100. Three does not seem like a large number but these things have a way of multiplying. Soon, the web will be covered in these things. By the way, the comics suck.

The suckage of the comics is based upon a scale known only to me. On different scales the suckage quotient may differ. With the lack of filtration a lot of crap comes through but at least the crap has a chance to be heard.

There are some great comics on the web. Something Positive, You Damn Kid, Kevin and Kell for example. My own strip has an audience. I've met some of them and they seem to be pretty nice. They are too polite to let me know when one of my panels suck.

I occassionally get some criticism that says, "You suck." A statement about an aspect of my sex life does not help me produce better panels.

Sometimes I envy Randy Milholland, the artist for Something Positive. He has been on the web for a relatively short time and he is receiving a lot of attention, in terms of cons, speaking engagements and fan appreciation. Of course, he lives in a more populated section of the country and networks better with other cartoonists whereas I live 24 miles south of the middle of nowhere Texas and being an introvert not much into networking and I don't actively promote myself. I rarely participate in the web cartooning community. Actually, I'm not sure how one participates in the web cartooning community or even if one actually exists. Most importantly, his comic strip is usually funny and has an engaging story line. Milholland does deserve all the success that he is having and I hope he continues to have even more success. Really.

BOOBIES!

No comments: