Drivel that cannot fit in a single panel comic.

Saturday, March 13, 2004

Here is a blast from the past. This a cartoon I drew in 1999 depicting a 10K race. I implied that sort of thing is not fun and that people who do it are crazy.

My how my attitude has changed. I would consider a 10K a walk in the park. I'm going to run a local 5K race in May. I'm thinking about taking Harley along. Then again, I want to try to run this race fairly fast. I don't think Harley could handle a fast pace for any length of time.

Speaking of running. This week I ran 8.44 miles, burned 1148.5 calories and weight averaged out to 166.

Today, Walter and I went to an exhibit at the local Natural History Museum. Researchers from the Texas Bigfoot Research Center were there to answer questions. There was a small exhibit and a small gathering of field researchers. Each of these people have seen an actual bigfoot. Actually, the term is North American Ape. Most of the sightings in Texas occur in the Piney Woods region of east Texas.

The field people weirded me out. To understand the magnitude of that statement, I will tell you this: I am a Star Trek fan. I've been to several conventions. I've have painted my whole body green. I know weird when I see it.

We looked at some other exhibits at the museum. We looked at guns, reptiles, fish, mammoth and mastadon bones, Comanche artifacts, shrunken heads, a voodoo doll, a hand of glory, a mummy and other things.

It was the Bigfoot exhibit that brought us to the museum. It was not too bad for free admission. I would have been very disappointed if we had to pay.

I think the North American ape is simply a species that is dying out therefore hard to find.

BOOBIES!

No comments: