Drivel that cannot fit in a single panel comic.

Sunday, March 28, 2004

This week I ran 10.19 miles and burned 1438.6 calories. Weight: 167.4.

This was a busy weekend. Took Daisy to the vet to have her ears checked. We want to cure this ear problem once and for all. Attended AggieCon and gained a boost of self-esteem. Spandex is a privilege not a right. Modesty is a good thing.

I had an attack of insomnia Saturday. I did not go to bed until 5:00 am and did not actually sleep until 6:00 am. Woke up at 8:00 am. I took a nap after church. I hope that will reset things.

While awake, I watched a lot of television and listened to Harley snore. I watched all four episodes of an SS documentary on the History Channel (aka The Nazi Channel). It made the same general point that all documentaries about the Third Reich make, the Nazis were evil and methological. I watched the last 45 minutes of A League of Their Own, 15 minutes of Trading Places, an hour of a documentary about a carving from Easter Island, an half hour of a documentary about a second hand clothing dealer named Luka from Zambia. I admired Luka for being able to count his blessings in the midst of his struggle to earn a living for his family. I pray that Luka will receive more blessings. I watched half a documentary about Lustron, a man had a brilliant idea, formed a company and that company was destroyed from under him by political corruption, greed and stupidity. The 2000 Lustron homes that were built in the United States are still standing. The whole thing was quite Dilbertesque.

I'm glad I have a selection of channels. Most of the channels had gone to infomercial but there were sufficient hold outs to keep me stimulated.

Here is a link to the documentary about Lustron Homes

BOOBIES!

No comments: