Drivel that cannot fit in a single panel comic.

Wednesday, December 01, 2004

I walked 4,300 steps.

I received a call from the animal shelter. They have a parrot available for adoption. A mitered conure named Elmer. He is a very sweet and unusually friendly bird. We assumed that we would be charged the standard adoption fee of $70. The shelter wants 50% of pet store retail. We cannot afford the $150 plus a larger cage for $45. I'll call the shelter in the morning to let them know that we won't be taking Elmer. This allow them to call the next person on the breed waiting list.

I'm sure Elmer will find a good home. I'm glad he was not a Cockatoo or a Macaw at 50% retail that would have been some real sticker shock. Maybe another parrot will become available after our economic fortunes have improved.

Goofy spam names of the day:
Rejected M. Route
Heartiness F. Cuddled
Steadies U. Leapfrogs

No comments: