Drivel that cannot fit in a single panel comic.

Saturday, September 24, 2005

I got in touch with almost everyone. I left a message with my dad. Everyone is fine. They are without power and there are a lot of downed limbs and trees.

My mother is going to check on her house. I'm a bit concerned about the debris from her neighbors damaging her house. The people across the street have the stereotypical redneck yard complete with a working vehicle and a two non-working vehicles of the same model that serve as parts cars. Last time I visited I thought about taking pictures and sending it to Blue Collar TV for their redneck yard photo contest. One of the cars was being protected by a discarded mattress.

We have clouds. No rain. A little bit of wind. A free three day weekend.

If my mom needs help cleaning up I'll take some time off and go down there.

My town has about 8,000 in shelters and another several thousand in homes and hotels. The city leaders are trying to manage the exodus.

A couple of links to a sad dog story:
http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/1490472/posts
http://kctv.com/Global/category.asp?C=70755

Since everything I had to do got cancelled I'm having difficulty with the free time. I could use this time to draw or work on my clip art CD or clean up my e-mail box or answer some e-mails or do the dishes or laundry or clean the bird cage or clean the house or pull weeds from the flower beds or many other things that I now have time to do but I don't feel like doing anything.

Maybe a meal and a walk will get me out of my funk.

I'm glad that my family is okay so far.

No comments: