Drivel that cannot fit in a single panel comic.

Friday, September 30, 2005

The Barnes and Noble website says Star Trek: Titan - The Red King is available. Why isn't it at my local store? I suppose I could order it off the website and wait for delivery but I want it now! I'll check the store this weekend.

This weekend I'll attempt to overcome one of my fears - quoting a price for my art. I will finally answer those e-mail inquiries regarding commercial use of my clip art.

I dislike placing a dollar value on my art. It is not the "art should not be contaminated by commerce" mentality that holds me back but rather a fear of rejection and/or ridicule. I'm afraid that the price I quote would prompt the prospective customer to say, "You want how much for this crap? No way!" Now the person did make an inquiry so I assume that they are willing to pay something for the use of the art. I hate guessing.

I need to overcome this if I want to make any kind of living as an artist.

I have looked at other clip art sites and checked on their prices.

I've been working on some ideas for marketing my art. I need to write them down and place a plan in motion. I'll talk to Walter about this. If I want to do something - I make the time. It is time for me to do something about my career.

No comments: