Drivel that cannot fit in a single panel comic.

Friday, September 23, 2005

My sister did not make it very far. She was on the road for 9 hours and only made it a distance that is usually covered in an hour or less. She turned back and will be riding it out at my dad's house.

On the current track my family may not get hit as hard as previously predicted but power most likely will be lost and there will be damaging winds, rains and tornadoes.

I'm being a bit of a lazy bum. I updated my website. For some reason I could not bring myself to do last night. Got caught up in watching MXC. I couldn't take any more Rita coverage.

I ran this morning - it was a great run and I felt really strong. For some parts of the run it felt like I was gliding.

Dog training and adoption has been cancelled for tomorrow. I'm going to arrange for Lola to meet a potential adopter sometime this weekend or next week.

After taking a nap this morning, I ate breakfast and watched more news. I still did not feel like doing much but decided that getting dressed would help motivate me.

I've been thinking about Objectivism a bit lately. I find it amusing how much the cold reality of natural disasters is bitch slapping the heck out of this philosophy. Objectivism is great on paper. I even thought it was the great thing that would help humanity achieve its potential but then I grew up. In my opinion advocating Objectivism after the age of 35 is a sign of either immaturity or employment at the Ayn Rand Institute. I wonder if self-interest is an acceptable reason not show up at work at the Ayn Rand Institute? Something tells me that the Ayn Rand Institute would be a lousy place to work. Salary and benefit negotiations would certainly be a bitch.

The flaw in Objectivism is that a substantial portion of the population is stupid and the invisible hand of the market cannot cull the stupid fast enough to prevent chaos.

I have a shallow understanding of Objectivism. I'm sure it would make more sense if I really studied Ayn Rand's works but I have a life and sleeping pills to take care of my occasional bouts of insomnia.

Goofy spam names and Zen koans:
Lactose Intolerance: Who's at Risk? (tonight on Channel 13 News at 10:00)
Chagrin T. Swampier
savvings precise judicature
give your partner more pleasure
When it comes to refinancing, there really is no time like the present.
Activate your super human abilities without effort - new technology! (I don't know, what if my super human abilities are useless?)
Make talk a reality with a second mortgage quote.
Medical insurance helps you take care.
Unbelievable Mortgages for Americans (Believable Mortgages for Non-americans)
my white teeth
Guaranteed to Get You Up and Keep You Going (A kick in the butt in a bottle)
Help the UN cultivate peace; Free bracelet today (Wear a bracelet and a war lord or brutal dictator loses his weapons)
Amount Higher Than Expected
It's the perfect time to visit New England (It would be great if I could get a flight out)
Samuri stock Info (So that is what happened to the Samuri)
Fix your situation Kenneth
Discover Reality Dressing at Spiegel...a collection for every woman, every age
Flowers can say what words cannot express.
Hot chick, ready for you
Very Urgently
You will love this watch...
Buying American: Houses!
I am still waiting for your urgent response
It likely will be the last day the 50-year-old federal appeals court judge appears before the Senate Judiciary Committee -- and the last chance for Democrats to press him on a range of hot-button issues (This was the subject line of some spam promoting cheap Rolex watches - this person needs a beating. It would be in my self interest to beat this person.)

Actual Zen:
"Before enlightenment chopping wood, carrying water
After enlightenment chopping wood, carrying water."
Zen Proverb

No comments: