Drivel that cannot fit in a single panel comic.

Monday, January 05, 2009

What I learned on my holiday break

Thanks to a nice university job, I was on break from December 22 - January 5.

Things I learned while on break:

  1. We own 101 wash cloths. We have received wash cloths for Christmas every year we've been married. I found wash cloths still folded in half exactly as we received them. I did not count the kitchen wash cloths we received just those designed for bathing. I found this out while organizing the cabinets in one of the bathrooms. I kept pulling out wash cloths and became curious as to how many we own. The number may increase as other cabinets, drawers and parts of the house become organized. Depending on how neurotic Walter and I become, we could go 50 to 5 days (using 1 - 10 wash cloths per shower per person - I'll leave it up to you to count the body parts) without washing a load of wash cloths. We got rid of 2 wash cloths because they had stains on them. This improves the chances of using one of the other 99 at least once.
  2. I have acquired a lot of t-shirts either through blood or sweat.
  3. Without a schedule I wake up at 10:00 am or later and go to bed at 1:00 - 2:00 am. I did not take naps. Pills facilitated my transition to regular work type hours.
  4. Our bed frame has six legs. Walter bought four risers for the bed. A few days after putting the bed on risers the bed sagged in the middle. This sag brought us closer together but also caused some soreness. The bed is off the risers pending the purchase of two more.
  5. The extremes in the weather has not compromised my immune system, yet. Shorts and tank top one day, multiple layers the next.
  6. I have gotten comfortable with wearing medium shirts, tank tops and single digit sized pants.
  7. The birds like to sing when the morning sun goes through their window. This can be annoying depending on how well I slept the night before.
  8. Salvador sings every afternoon from 12:45 - 1:10 regardless of the condition of the sky.
  9. I'm getting the hang of this organization and getting rid of stuff thing.
  10. I like nightly massages.
  11. When the white chocolate covered Oreos hit store shelves buy three boxes. The white chocolate covered Oreos are never in the cookie aisle.
  12. I have a great family.
  13. Wash cloths make decent hand towels.

No comments: