Drivel that cannot fit in a single panel comic.

Sunday, April 24, 2005

Lev sent me a nice e-mail about my cartoons and Sears catalog. Check out his website at
http://www.ingredientx.com

My computer did a spontaneous restart while I was working on my updates. Fortunately Ctrl-S is mostly a reflex for me. I did not lose any work.

Walter and I went on a safari in our backyard. We are lucky to live in an area that is not too strict about yard care. Our backyard is very natural. Walter does some trimming and I pull some weeds but we pretty much leave it alone. The whole thing is quite dynamic. Plants grow and die as the temperatures change. The birds and squirrels like it. In the far corners of the back yard the city almost disappears. The screams and grunts of slightly evolved vaginal discharges at play and bad Tejano music wafting from two houses over serve as the only reminders of the city.

It looks like I'll have a bumper crop of blackberries. Assuming the birds don't get to them first.

Our philosophy about yard care is that if it needs any attention from us in order to grow then it does not belong. Walter mows the front yard when necessary and I pull weeds. Walter tried some broadleaf herbicide on the thistles but that only made them grow twisty. I think the thistles are taunting us. Perhaps they are the ones playing the bad Tejano music.

I don't hate children. I hate bad Tejano music. How much tequila was involved for someone to think to combine country/ western with polka? How much was involved for them to record and distribute this Frankenstein-like abomination of a music genre in Spanish?

I did enjoy some Tejano music once. It was at my brother's 40th birthday party. One of his in-laws put some on the sound system. By that time I had finished my 6th alcoholic beverage.

I only hate bad Tejano music when sober and not at a party.

No comments: