Drivel that cannot fit in a single panel comic.

Friday, November 11, 2005

I ordered a cake for Walter's birthday party. I'll purchase decorations to match the cake when I pick it up tomorrow.

I slept from 11:00 pm to 4:30 am. I looked at the clock and went back to sleep.

I posted a multi-panel cartoon this morning. I would have posted last night but a meeting went a bit long. The extra meeting time was necessary. If nothing else to get some feelings out.

A Veteran's Day rant:

Thank you to all the Veterans.

This rant addresses alleged French rudeness and ingratitude. France's policies sometimes clash with U.S. policies and when they do some pundits use the liberation of France during World War II as a justification for France bashing. Bill O'Reilly and his show is boycotting France over the Iraq War. On The Daily Show with Jon Stewart, O'Reilly used the phrase "we liberated them" to criticize France for not joining the Iraq War.

Bill O'Reilly is in the wrong business. He should sell the secrets of his youthful appearence. If he was part of the "we" that liberated France then he is the most youthful looking and vital octogenerian I've ever seen. The man could make billions and gain the universal love and affection of humanity selling his secrets.

I doubt Bill O'Reilly or any of his staff helped liberate France from Nazi Germany. They are not entitled to any gratitude from the French. Americans under the age of 70 are not entitled to any gratitude from the French people. Only a portion of the French people owe a shrinking portion of the U.S. population a debt of gratitude. The rest of us have no right to take credit or expect gratitude for the brave deeds of our men and women involved in World War II.

Thank you veterans.

Dear France,
I had nothing to do with the liberation of your country from Nazi Germany. If I visit your country I will not expect gratitude. I will expect decent customer service in exchange for money that I spend but no gratitude. I left nothing on the beaches of Normandy.

No comments: