Drivel that cannot fit in a single panel comic.

Thursday, November 17, 2005

Masey captured Salvador. Fortunately, none of Sal's bones appear to be broken but he lost most of tail feathers. I did not find any blood feathers. Sal does have a bit of bare flesh on his back side.

I have a small bite wound on my thumb that I received while removing Sal from Masey's mouth. Sal used his beak to maintain a firm grip on Masey's lip. I washed the wound and will keep an eye on it.

I displayed some behavior that I find annoying in others. My bird almost got killed. Walter warned me about this but I did not take it as seriously as I should have. The dog would get used to the bird and ignore it, Sal can fly high away from the dog.

Salvador is very traumatized. Now it has gotten through to me that the bird and the dog cannot be out at the same time - ever. Damn, I can be thick sometimes. Yes, stupid does hurt. I suppose there is some comfort that the infrequency of my stupid acts prevents me from becoming dulled to the pain.

I hope Walter can remove Sal from his shoulder. I needed help removing Sal from my shoulder in order to get dressed this morning. Sal will step on to my finger then on to my shoulder but he would not step on to my finger from the shoulder but he would step on to Walter's finger. He behaved the same way with Walter.

Questions to ponder:
Do I want to continue fostering dogs despite the risk to Salvador?
Do I have the ability to be vigilant about making sure that Sal and a dog are not out at the same time?
Can I give Sal and a foster dog the right amount of attention under these restrictions?
Can I give up doing something I enjoy for the sake of Sal? I have difficulty giving things up.

I had one of the best night's sleep I've ever had in a long time, courtesy of Walter.

No comments: