Drivel that cannot fit in a single panel comic.

Friday, November 04, 2005

Photos: I would have done this sooner but slow uploads and screwy formatting delayed me. I don't know why I'm so picky about the formatting in a blog.

From top to bottom:

  1. The flaming chalice pumpkin in its freshly carved glory. Now it sits outside slowly imploding
  2. Approaching the finish line at the Woodstock Howl-o-ween 5K.
  3. Getting closer. Neither dog nor human is an albino. If I go out during a sunny summer afternoon I burst into flames if I don't use sunscreen.
  4. Crossing the finish line in 36:39. That time included a water stop and a potty break (for the dog).
  5. Masey, the tail-less wonder dog, and I submit our time.
  6. A Newfoundland (Newfie) in a cheerleader outfit.

Masey is available for adoption via www.woodstocktexas.org. You can see her in person at PetCo in College Station, Texas Saturdays from 11:00 am to 5:00 pm. She can run farther than 5K. She is pretty good on a leash but pulled (not too hard) during the race because of the excitement. Without distractions she stays at my side or slightly behind. If you are looking for a somewhat slow running companion (12:00 - 10:00 minute miles), Masey is a great dog.



No comments: