Drivel that cannot fit in a single panel comic.

Tuesday, November 22, 2005

This whole attempting to get up by 5:30am thing stinks. Sure, it might make me more productive and successful but dammit I need to sleep. Productive, successful and cranky is no way to go through life. I'll try to pick up the habit again after Thanksgiving. Maybe after Christmas. My body clock might get used to it eventually or I will have to settle for less productive, less successful but happy.

I need to unsubscribe to "success" e-mail newsletters. They are causing me to try crazy things like getting up earlier, responding to commercial inquiries, taking a more active hand in my career direction and thinking about my spending more carefully. Next thing I know I'll be investing in real estate using their fool proof method. Or worse, attend a seminar.

I need to start my own "success" newsletter. One that convinces readers that the true path to happiness involves sharing a small portion of their personal wealth with me and that small portion shared with me will provide 10-fold increase in their wealth. Not an original idea - tele-evangelists offer that promise all the time. Not smearing the name of Jesus and honesty about where the money would go (my pockets) distinguishes me from the tele-evangelist. My "success" newsletter would promote the virtues of sleeping in.

Actually the "success" newsletters that I subscribe to contains useful information and ideas between the hyperbolic advertisements and the occasional forays into foil beanie territory. Take what I can use and leave the rest.

I did not check the drain cover this morning to see whether or not Masey removed it. I'll do that this evening.

After work, I think I'll run instead of my usual workout. 30 minutes worth of sprints.

Tomorrow is a short work day. Hooray!

8 days until Radio MASH!

No comments: