Drivel that cannot fit in a single panel comic.

Friday, December 09, 2005

I received a complaint about my excessive use of the snooze button. Walter complained. He's the only one that shares the bed with me. That first sentence implies a multitude in my bedroom. He has a valid point but why did he have to make it during one of the snooze cycles? I've decreased the volume on the alarm and will attempt to keep the snoozes down to three.

Why not set the alarm to 5:29 am and not use the snooze button? I cannot offer a logical rebuttal against that idea. The snoozes serve as a transition from sleep to awake. A chance to resolve interrupted dreams. It takes a great deal of motivation to compel me to skip the transition. Work is not sufficient motivation.

When I let my natural rhythms take over, I tend to waken about 7:30 am. Sunrise usually occurs between 7:00 and 7:15 am. Unfortunately, the university wants me at work at 8:00 am, thus I subvert nature. A small price to pay for a job that supports my outside of work habits and allows me to earn money to more than pay for my basic needs.

I know I complain about my sleep a lot but I can also count my blessings. At least I have a bed, a house, a job and a loving spouse. I am grateful.

I look forward to the long winter holiday.

No comments: