Drivel that cannot fit in a single panel comic.

Sunday, March 04, 2007

I beat my time goal (2:30:00) for the Armadillo Dash (2:23:XX) 1/2 Marathon by 7 minutes, according to the gun time. I was toward the front of the starting crowd so there might be a second or two between gun and chip.

It was a great day for a run. My cold did not affect my performance as much as I thought it would. I'm not sure what consequences I will pay later for running in cold weather and with a cold.

Right now, I'm a little stopped up and I have a sinus headache. My legs are a bit sore. Some Advil should take care of the sore legs and headache. I did have a nice long rest.

Seems a little surreal, running a long race and then coming home and sleeping in my own bed before noon.

About 1,000 runners participated in the races (5K and 1/2 marathon - 13.1 miles). That was 500 more than anticipated by the race directors. It shows that Bryan/College Station can support a long distance race and people want to participate. There were people from Austin and Houston and other parts of Texas running in this race and a few from other states. I hope this event gets bigger and better.

They ran out of medals by the time I crossed the finish line but I did get my shirt. I can get my medal later.

There is a local 10K in April (Run Through the Vines) that I want to participate in. I'm still thinking about an October marathon in Waco.

No comments: