Drivel that cannot fit in a single panel comic.

Friday, March 23, 2007

I gripe about crappy comics in the paper. So, I will pretend that I am a newspaper comics page editor and share my line-up. I read a lot of these comics on a regular basis and others I read occasionally. Several comics that I read regularly do not appear on this list.

In no particular order, my fantasy comics line-up:

  • Tom the Dancing Bug
  • Too Much Coffee Man
  • Brewster Rockit
  • Ink Pen
  • Pooch Cafe
  • Red Meat
  • Rhymes With Orange
  • Six Chix
  • Spot the Frog
  • Zippy the Pinhead
  • Lio
  • Bad Reporter
  • Bob the Squirrel
  • Pearls Before Swine
  • Frazz
  • Moderately Confused
  • Over the Hedge
  • Watch Your Head
  • Brevity
  • Candorville
  • Cow and Boy
  • Dog Eat Doug
  • F Minus
  • Herman
  • Jump Start
  • Liberty Meadows (it's in reruns but the art is worth looking at again and again)
  • Off the Mark
  • PC & Pixel
  • Working It Out
  • Soup to Nutz
  • Little Dee
  • Go Fish
  • Dilbert
  • 9 Chickweed Lane
  • Ballard Street
  • Bizarro
  • Doonesbury
  • Get Fuzzy
  • Monty
  • Mother Goose & Grimm
  • Mutts
  • Non Sequitur
  • Pardon My Planet
  • Piranha Club
If a newspaper ever ran just those comics at a reasonable size and got rid of the crap comics, I would buy a subscription, regardless of the paper's location.

You can find these comics online at GoComics.com, Comics.com, and The Houston Chronicle

Speaking of comics:
No, Mary is not speaking to Dr. Jeff Cory but it's funnier to pretend otherwise. Also serves as a nice icon.

Ziggy wears underwear? Tom Wilson's cultural references become more recent. This one is only a decade old. At this rate, Ziggy's crazy lady astronaut diaper gag should appear in 2012.

THEY KILLED STARBUCK!?! I'm merely a fan and no longer part of fandom, otherwise I would have watched that episode of Battlestar Galactica that I recorded sooner and I would have known about Starbuck sooner. AggieCon 38 is happening and I don't care.

No comments: