Drivel that cannot fit in a single panel comic.

Saturday, May 24, 2008

Exercise Log: May 19 - 24

This week I ran and biked 15.42 miles, burned 1468.6 calories and weigh 152.9 pounds.

I did not row on Monday and Friday as planned. Other things happened. I did strength training, however.

Tuesday: ran 3.28 miles in 35:00
Wednesday: bike 3.28 miles in 15:00
Thursday: ran 3.29 miles in 35:00
Saturday: ran 5.57 miles in 60:00

Next week's plan:
Monday - strength training and 15 minutes of cycling
Tuesday - 30 minute run
Wednesday - strength training and 10 minutes of rowing
Thursday - 30 minute run
Friday - strength training and 15 minutes of cycling
Saturday - 60 minute run

My current strength training routine for those who are curious or do not want to visit my Spark Page:
Crunches with Twist
Back Extension
Lying Dumbbell Triceps Extensions
Triceps Dips
Dumbbell Squats
Lying Abduction
Wrestler's Bridge

I do everything but the Wrestler's Bridge for 2 sets, 15 reps each. I change routines every 4 weeks. I hold the Wrestler's Bridge for as many deep breaths as I can. I've made it up to 26 breaths.

I also do a brief calisthenics routine in the morning using the Furey Exercise Bible. Furey Exercise Bible is a deck of playing cards with four different exercises represented by a suit. Diamonds are Hindu Push-ups, Hearts - Hindu Squats, Spades - V-ups, and Clubs - Tablemaker.
A 10 of diamonds - do 10 Hindu Push-ups.

A lot of people go through the entire deck for their exercise. I use the deck differently. I do one of each suit. The numbers are shuffled so I don't know how many of one exercise to do until I turn the card over. For the face cards I do 10 of an exercise and for the ace I do 11. I like 21 better than poker. I do this in the morning before breakfast. It hits all the major muscle groups, elevates the heart rate and is very brief - 5 minutes, tops.

You can do this sort of thing with a regular deck of cards.

No comments: