Drivel that cannot fit in a single panel comic.

Friday, October 22, 2004

I walked 2,058 steps yesterday.

I had a viable cartoon gag for the first time in two weeks. It is about flu vaccine and heroin.

Plan on visiting a haunted house tonight if the price of admission is reasonable. I'm not really into these things. I like the candy at Halloween.

I'm not giving candy out to children that do not bother to dress up. I know a lot of these kids are from "the projects" and their parents can't afford fancy costumes but I'm not asking for much. An old sheet, maybe some flour thrown on the face, torn up clothes, whatever. I'll reward any effort.

At work, I was given an orange piece of foam to decorate for Halloween. There will be a contest and since I'm an ARTIST, everyone expects me to have the best mat. They all assume that they do not have a chance against the ARTIST. The ARTIST has not started on her mat. Maybe I'll do something in the style of Jackson Pollock. If they want art, I'll give them art.

I get a bit uncomfortable when I'm referred to as an artist. I don't think of myself as one. I draw cartoons and clip art but that does not pay the bills. I think of it as a hobby gone mad.

A few paid opportunities have come my way. I need to respond to them. I feel uncomfortable naming a price. The e-mails sit and time passes while I'm not paying attention.

I need to sell some original cartoon art to pay for my Dallas Marathon entry. There is plenty of time during the day but lately I've had trouble "using my time wisely". Haven't used that phrase since high school.

I never got high marks in school in the "Uses time wisely" and "Accepts constructive criticism" categories. Always received "N" for Needs Improvement. I preferred to read and draw instead of doing math problems. I guess that counted as an unwise use of time. There were other things I would rather do than the activities designated for a certain time.

As for the ability to accept constructive criticism, that still needs improvement and if people don't appreciate that then they can go f*ck themselves!

No comments: