Drivel that cannot fit in a single panel comic.

Wednesday, October 20, 2004

Yesterday, I walked 1,107 steps.

I took a "mental health" day off. I hit the snooze four times as usual but after the last hit, I sat up and then fell over. I was too tired to go to work and my work is not that vital. Besides, I have some comp time about to expire.

I drew, did laundry, vacuumed the rug, rode a bike, gave blood, watched Star Trek, played computer games and updated my website. Hoo boy! I live life on the edge. Oh yeah, I got some sleep.

Why do I feel compelled to chronicle my life in a blog? You think reading about this is boring, you should try living it some time. I do this to keep my writing skills from deteriorating and I'm told that there is some therapeutic value to all this. It kind of makes me depressed. I should do something about it but I'm quite comfortable. I also read that this activity decreases the risk of Alzheimer's disease and just becoming mentally rusty. How can I enjoy old lady privileges if I'm senile? I look forward to verbalizing my thoughts without giving a damn about social conventions and without fear of physical retaliation.

I haven't written any jokes or gags in two weeks and it is has been difficult thinking up something funny to draw on the spot. In a couple of weeks my cartoons are going to suck more so than usual. I have some time set aside for writing gags but lately I've not taken advantage of it. I've been tired or something interesting is on TV. I'm sure there will be a pill for general malaise some day. Not that my health insurance plan would cover it.

Found out about a nice $100 once a year charge that went into effect on September 1. Walter gets to pay $125 for his migraine medicine instead of $25. I should really read the fine print during annual enrollment. Scary thing is that we are the lucky ones with relatively low costs on prescriptions. I can see why old people go to Mexico or Canada, don't take the full doses or other steps. We are going to turn to crime if prescriptions become unaffordable for us. I'm think with a little remodeling the bathroom off the master bedroom would make an excellent meth lab. It would be the most tastefully decorated meth lab in the county. Trading meth labs - I think there is a cartoon gag in this.

I think the solutions to the problems with healthcare, education and others lies in the imaginations of people too bright or too poor to run for office. An imaginative politician would be marked for death.

Violent overthrow of the government. If you want me, John Ashcroft, you know where to find me.

No comments: