Drivel that cannot fit in a single panel comic.

Thursday, November 04, 2004

I walked 1,867 steps yesterday. I had a great run last night. I ran 9 miles in just under 1 hour and 45 minutes. I was able to sustain a bit of a faster pace than usual. I'll try that pace for the 19 mile run on Saturday. It is amazing the difference that the temperature can make. The run last night did lift my spirits.

Today, it is cool and sunny. I like cool and sunny. I love the glorious colors of the sky and trees. The U.S. flag that flys within view of my office looks magestic against the backdrop of the glorious clear blue sky. This whole election thing will make the nation stronger and better. Maybe we'll get a viable Democratic party out of this or a more socially just third party that can appeal to people's moral values and their pocketbook. That would take a radical change in discourse and thought. The worst thing the Dems could do is to simply dismiss the people in the heartland as a bunch of idiots not worth trying to persuade.

Here is an essay I found interesting: http://slate.msn.com/id/2109128/ It is good advice, the Democrats should try it.

I need to get the archives up to date. I've only changed the front cartoon because of busy evenings. It looks like this evening will be a bit more relaxing.

I wrote 2 good gags and 1 viable gag yesterday. I'll get back to drawing single panels on after Thanksgiving. I may have to go back sooner if the backlog runs out.

No comments: