Drivel that cannot fit in a single panel comic.

Wednesday, April 18, 2007

A trip to the landfill

Bonus icons from Mary Worth:

Went to the landfill to film the WFSC 409 tour. Not much to see because the rains made the roads around the work site too messy. Captured some footage of turkey buzzards going through the garbage and ignoring the workers nearby. The landfill manager said that this facility now has a small population of sea gulls that came in with the storms. College Station is more than 100 miles from the nearest ocean. I did not see any of the sea gulls but I will check the footage more carefully. The sea gulls may have blended in with the garbage.

Yesterday, I went to a seminar on blogging and how other departments are using blogs to communicate. I will make another attempt to explain how our department can use a blog as a newsletter and for other communication. Sometimes I feel like I'm talking to a wall whenever I attempt to explain the positive potential of blogging and other communication mediums. Maybe it's my own inability to communicate effectively.

I'm thinking about putting an RSS feed on aperfectworld.org so that people don't have to visit every day. It would cause less frustration whenever I don't update because of server problems, personal issues, bad weather or any number of reasons.

This afternoon I get to figure out how an older version of a web page ended up on display and try to fix it. I need a different exclamation of frustration. Fuck! and its variants is not appropriate for a professional atmosphere. Neither is an Hawaiian shirt but I'm wearing one today. I'll try "Bob Saget!" - it has the same cadence as "God Damnit!" but without the potential of eternal damnation. I got the Bob Saget idea from some videos of a Tourette's sufferer who uses Bob Saget as a curse. I hope Bob Saget does not have any supernatural powers.

I love my job but not enough to do it for free.

No comments: