Drivel that cannot fit in a single panel comic.

Friday, April 20, 2007

Predicting story lines

Uh oh, Mary starts to draw a conclusion. Vera grew up in Pacific Hills, the stomping ground of millionaires, and now she mentions a nanny. Mary questions the term, nanny. I called my grandmother, Nanny. My Nanny also baked great pies - her specialty was pecan (pronounced peh-khan in my part of the world) pie. This does not mean that I'm now living a lifestyle less privileged than the one in which I grew up. Surely, Pacific Hills millionaires allows its support personnel to live within their town. I can't wait to see the conclusions Mary draws and the look on her face when those assumptions are proven wrong. Oops, I assumed that Karen Moy is a good comic strip writer.

Vera, a child of privilege, now has to work and live a lifestyle far beneath the one she had become accustomed to. Oh my god! I already see how this storyline will unfold! Two possibilities actually.

One possible direction: Vera's privileged upbringing becomes a source of tension at Charterstone because Vera behaves as if she is too good to associate with the hoi polloi residing at Charterstone. After being brought down by Ian, Toby and the other good residents, Vera flees Charterstone, buys some booze and dies in a fiery car crash. Mary Worth will contemplate going to the city council and politely requesting that they consider installing guard rails on road sides of Santa Royale.

Second possibility: Begins the same as the first but Mary's friendship helps Vera adapt to living among lower classes and she grows to like them.

Now, I have to keep reading this damn strip to determine if I'm proven correct.

I like how Ruthie plays with her dolls. No doll has what it takes.

No comments: