Drivel that cannot fit in a single panel comic.

Saturday, April 21, 2007

Running Log and Sports

This week I ran 18.22 miles, burned 2,092 calories and weigh 171.7 pounds.

Monday: 3.26 miles in 35:00
Wednesday: 2.29 miles in 25:00
Friday: 4.24 miles in 45:00
Saturday: 5.94 miles in 65:00

Tomorrow, my church's ministerial candidate will conduct the first of two services. Next week will be filled with meetings.

Next Saturday I will have the opportunity to demonstrate my low level skills at softball. The College of Agriculture and Life Sciences is holding an interdepartmental softball tournament. I agreed to play on the Wildlife and Fisheries Sciences team. Not only do I have the opportunity to show off my low level skills but I get to do so in front of my co-workers. I did tell the person organizing the team of my skill level. I'm in it just for fun.

I played intramural sports in college. The teams I played on competed in the Co-Rec C league. This was the league for those teams just having fun. Co-Rec means that the teams had to be coed. The team I played with treated these sports as an opportunity for fellowship and sharing our faith. We played other teams representing various religious and service groups.

One year Campus Crusade for Christ's team almost got thrown out of the Co-Rec C Flag Football (not soccer) league for being too rough. They tended to grab more than the flags.

All this was over a decade ago.

I'm sure I'll have fun next week. At least I won't run the risk of being manhandled by Campus Crusade for Christ.

No comments: