Drivel that cannot fit in a single panel comic.

Monday, April 30, 2007

Pink, New Minister, Performance

Pink! Too much pink!

-----------------------------------
The congregation voted to call Rev. Eric Posa as our minister. The positive feelings and excitement surrounding that vote starkly contrasted the feelings four years ago. Walter took a great group photo of the congregation members who attended the congregational meeting. 73 people attended.

Signing the ministerial agreement is a great way to end my tenure as Board President. Rev. Posa's ministry will be a great way to start the new church year.

A congregant's hidden talent appeared and I will call upon her skills when presiding over the May congregational meeting.

The beauty of church community is that there is always someone with a strength that can compensate for a weakness.

-------------------------------------------
I have an idea for a performance - one person play type of thing. It has been bouncing around in my head since yesterday and is occupying a great deal of my thoughts right now. I have a slight headache because of it. Delusions that I can entertain a live audience for more than 5 minutes. I can see several bits of this thing very vividly. The thing is a monologue with props and slides. Has a touch of Bob Newhart stand up - where the audience only hears one side of a conversation. I need to write it down, develop it and maybe perform it at least once. If it fails miserably at least I will not have the regret of not trying. Title: Other People's Crap.

Some of the bits can work as comic strips - single and multiple panel but I think it would be funnier performed.

I have lots of visions but very little execution skills. I need to take a stab at this. For my own peace of mind.

No comments: