Drivel that cannot fit in a single panel comic.

Thursday, March 24, 2005

If I end up in a persistent vegetative state with no hope of recovery I do not want to be kept alive by artificial means. I have made my wishes known to Walter. I give him the authority as my husband to make the decision.

I do not have a living will or final directives in place. By placing my wishes in a public place I hope to avoid any legal fights between my husband and my parents.

If I end up in a persistent vegetative state with no hope of recovery I do not want to be kept alive by artificial means. Let me go. Grieve. Go on with your lives.

The goofy part of all this Terri Shiavo business is if she was in Texas she would be dead by now. When George W. Bush was governor he signed a law that allows doctors to remove life support if there is no hope of improvement and if the patient does not have the financial resources to continue to pay for support. Even over the wishes of the patient's family.

If I end up in a persistent vegetative state with no hope of recovery I do not want to be kept alive by artificial means.

I walked 10,325 steps/ 7.74 kilometers.

Today was a good day. I am grateful for the opportunity to put my wishes in a public place. I want my mind and body to die at the same time.

I'm grateful for the judicial branch. It is preventing the lunatic religious right from establishing a Christian Taliban in the United States. This is pissing off the lunatic religious right.

There are a lot of reasonable religious people who happen to be on the right end of the political spectrum. These people are appalled at the federal government intervening in a private family matter and trampling on the state courts. Reasonable people do not like seeing the Constitution shat upon.

One more time for the benefit of a judge that might decide my fate:
If I end up in a persistent vegetative state with no hope of recovery I do not want to be kept alive by artificial means.

Case dismissed.

No comments: