Drivel that cannot fit in a single panel comic.

Saturday, March 12, 2005

This week I ran 14.92 miles, burned 1,975.5 calories and weigh 159.2 pounds.

My Walk Across Texas mileage for this week is 27.73 miles. Walter walked 19 miles. I will have to get the mileage from the rest of my team on Monday.

We hit the garage sales. There was one sale that had highly inefficient check out. We were there for an half hour waiting to pay for the stuff. Only the wives took money. The husbands were not allowed to help with that.

I made catty comments. Among the items for sale was "7 Habits of Highly Effective People". I suggested that it be removed from the sale and reviewed by the two cashiers. On the other hand, after waiting in line for 30 minutes we did not feel like haggling. I openly admitted to being bitchy and catty. A lady in line in front of Walter gave me a pass. I did admit that incompetence could be a smart strategy because I was looking for more stuff while Walter was in line. I did not find anything else but did put parts of toys that had been scattered by bored children back together. We missed the third floor show of the neighbor attempting to get out of his blocked driveway a third time. We saw the first two shows.

I have been to garage sales that had more people but I've never been to one with a check out that slow. Two people and it still took 30 minutes.

It is not nice but other people's incompetence does bring out the less pleasant parts of my personality. I'm not competent at everything but I try to minimize the impact that my moments of stupidity has on other people. I do my best to bear most of the brunt of my own incompetent moments.

We got some good stuff. Hopefully, we can double our money on the stuff we bought at the highly ineffective check out garage sale.

No comments: