Drivel that cannot fit in a single panel comic.

Wednesday, March 09, 2005

Yesterday I walked 9,282 steps / 6.96 kilometers.

Walter is very concerned about my bandwidth usage. I have used over to 50 gigs in January. That was an unusual month. Most months I use 25 to 40 gigs. One of my clip art images was quite popular on Valentine's Day. It appears in several blogs and blog comments. As of last night my bandwidth usage was 14 gigs for March. A large portion of that bandwidth usage was from the use of that image. Next time I update clip art, I'll rename that image file and remove the old named one from my server. Valentine's Day has passed. The renamed image will still be available for download until its retirement.

My clip art is one of the more popular features of my site and it is bringing in a bit of revenue via advertisements and donations. I plan on selling a CD of retired images and vector versions of selected images that appear on the site.

I have to set aside the time to do this project.

If your blog or website is using hearts.gif please remove it or save it to your own server if you can. That would the be least one could do for use of free clip art without the infinite pop-ups to get to it.

Maybe I can add something in my terms of use about seasonal usage.

There is not a whole lot I can do other than appeal to the goodwill of the web community. I am glad that my clip art site is popular. The thing does not appear at the top of Google but my self worth is not determined by my site's ranking on Google.

No comments: