Drivel that cannot fit in a single panel comic.

Wednesday, May 17, 2006

A small collection of random thoughts

I'm tired of copying someone's dissertation on Florida manatees. I can add details of the sex lives of Florida manatees to the list of things I know but I wish I did not.

Being available to make copies and do other work is why I get paid the big bucks. I'm making good money for the amount of effort I put forth.

Things are slow at work because it is between semesters. I shredded a bunch of student records. When the records are older than the undergraduates then it is time to get rid of them. We are only supposed to keep them for 5 years.

I have a lot of packing material, empty file folders and empty file cabinet space.

I hate staples. Nobody thinks about the person that has to pull all the staples before shredding the documents. I pulled enough staples to make a single wide mobile home exterior. That is a bit of an exaggeration but I pulled out enough metal to set off a detector if I were to carry all the pulled staples in my pocket.

You think this is boring. I'm yawning as I type this post.

If I had autism everything I do would be a major achievement. I'm one disability from greatness. I'm really grateful for my good health - physical and mental - but sometimes it kind of sucks being solely responsible for my fate and not having an excuse for the state of my life.

I'd rather have the responsibility than the disability. I'm just in a funk about the state of my life. I've reached some plateaus and don't see a way off at the moment.

Sometimes, I want to completely withdraw from the world but still have my needs met. Welfare is not an option. The life of a welfare recipient is not the kind of life I want. Everything is paid for by the taxpayers but the stuff sucks. I guess for some people that is good enough. I understand for others that it is a difficult life to leave behind.

At least I'm on a plateau rather than in a hole.

No comments: