Drivel that cannot fit in a single panel comic.

Tuesday, May 09, 2006

This postcard from www.postsecret.com really cheered me up. It gave me a bit of hope about the state of my world.

I voted no on the silly amendment.

As the movement to ban all forms of birth control and to define marriage as a union of one man and one woman for the purpose of producing children becomes more vocal I sometimes worry about my own marriage becoming illegal. All the sex in my marriage is nonreproductive.

Fortunately, there is a decent size segment of Fundamentalist Christianity that celebrates sexuality in the context of marriage and that the primary purpose of sex within marriage is not reproduction but rather the mutual pleasure of each partner. God created sex for fun. I heard that in an Evangelical church that I used to go to. I think it is just the Conservative Catholics that have a bug up their ass about nonreproductive sex within marriage.

Allowing homosexuals to marry won't lead to allowing people to marry anything or anyone. Women getting the right to vote did not lead to hamsters getting the vote. Bill Maher made that observation.

Consider all the Trekkies that fall in love and get married. If you go to a Star Trek convention or any science fiction convention you will quickly conclude that love works in mysterious ways and that we should not be putting stuff in the constitution - state or U.S. - about it.

No comments: