Drivel that cannot fit in a single panel comic.

Thursday, May 25, 2006

Unitarians are not weenies. I know a couple of UUs that can whoop some major ass if they were so inclined. Most of us would laugh at this cartoon.

I know it is just a cartoon but I felt the need to point out that Unitarian-Universalism is not some wimpy spirituality. It is difficult to come to your own conclusions about God and/or the reason for existence. Try doing the right thing simply because it is the right thing to do. No reward - earthly nor heavenly. The fun part is worshiping and serving as a community with diverse views.

Do you think a bunch of weenies would declare that everyone has inherent worth and dignity. Everyone - including homosexuals and others that other religions consign to hell. Quite frequently true weenies send threatening letters to my church for our tolerance and non-dogmatic views.

Then there is the being non-offensive bit. If I had a dime for each time someone brought up my religion in reference to a cartoon that I drew that offended them I would be able to purchase a Vault, drinks like a soda, kicks like an energy drink, from the vending machine at work. Apparently to the world a good UU is not allowed to be offensive. A UU is certainly not allowed to mock humans or point out the absurdities of the human condition in a cartoon.

UUs offend because of our tolerance and this UU sometimes offends because of her perceived lack of tolerance.

The real weenies are those who refuse to question and examine their beliefs and try to force the world to fit into their box.

Because the pope, the bible, the koran, the preacher, the president, xenu, said so... The phrase of a true weenie.

-------------------------------
Tomorrow, I go whoop some bass. Or crappie.

No comments: