Drivel that cannot fit in a single panel comic.

Sunday, February 20, 2005

The blog next door: http://piranhase.blogspot.com/ It is written in German.

Our minister was a guest speaker at another church's service. It was a special service celebrating black history month and introducing potential scholarship recipients. Our choir sang some songs and several members tagged along to watch. Shiloh Baptist (the host church) gives scholarships to its youth members that meet certain criteria. The program listed past recipients and potential recipients up to the year 2016.

I was impressed by the passion and sense of mission of Shiloh Baptist. They started out giving $250 scholarships but because of their passion and faith the amount is now $1,000 and the people of that church fervently believe that through God they will be able to pay for all of the higher education of their youth. I believe they will.

Our church was thanked for being the first church to donate money to the local African-American History museum. One of our members was recognized for their generous donation.

Our church is devoting a bit of its budget to outreach; helping other organizations. It is part of the river of blessings. We help others prosper, we will prosper. That is tenet in most religions.

The choir sang well and we were invited to dinner at Shiloh. The dinner was great. The best meatloaf I've ever had.

Our minister's sermon was well received. I enjoyed the whole program. I covet Shiloh's sense of mission and passion for my church.

My dad sent me, "Duh, the Stupid History of the Human Race." I went to Toys R Us and bought the Mega Blocks U.S.S. Enterprise NCC-1701-D. I need to clear a space for it after I put it together. Otherwise, Salvador will dismantle it.

I need to send out my thank you notes.

Goofy spam names:
Surgeons H. Roes
Welshmen Q. Imagining
Slaughterhouse O. Placeboes
Implacably E. Schlock
Poinsettias T. Lasagna

I'm two people in one body. One a funny writer, another a lame one.

No comments: