Drivel that cannot fit in a single panel comic.

Saturday, June 02, 2007

Running Log

Ran 3 days in a row this week. All 5K. Ran 10.21 miles, burned 1342.2 calories and weigh 176 pounds.

Wednesday: 5K - 38:24
Thursday: 5K - 37:10
Friday: 5K - 31:31

Almost time to start training for an October marathon in Waco (October 28, 2007). San Antonio (Nov. 11, 2007) looks interesting. After looking at the website and last year's course map, I think I will run in San Antonio instead of Waco. It starts at the Alamo and has several historic missions and other interesting scenery on the route. As a 5+ hour marathoner, I need scenery. Waco has nice scenery too.

Perhaps build a real vacation around the San Antonio marathon. I'm a bit worried that San Antonio has not updated their website and registration has not opened yet.

I could try a challenge - 2 marathons within a month of each other. While I'm having this moment of insanity, why not add the Marathons of Texas Challenge?* Run 5 marathons in 5 months - Waco, San Antonio, Dallas, Houston and Austin! I think my family would have me committed if I did such a thing.

*Marathons of Texas - Dallas White Rock, Chevron Houston and AT&T Austin

No comments: