Drivel that cannot fit in a single panel comic.

Tuesday, June 12, 2007

The Tao of Mary Worth

...what you've done some people take a lifetime to do! I'm expending too much energy trying to fathom the meaning of a poorly written platitude uttered in a poorly written comic strip. That is the definition of a platitude - words that sound nice but really have very little meaning.

-----------------------------------------

Yesterday, I played technology maven. A video conference went smoothly until the remote site timed out the last hour. I suspect time zone differences. After a system reboot, my site connected but the other site could not get through the TAMU firewall. Tech support asked if I could go to the other site to work through the firewall issues. I had to answer no, since the remote site is in Georgia and I am in Texas. Apparently, tech support only saw site codes and not locations. The rest of the conference was conducted by speaker phone.

For some reason, I'm the second contact for this site in Georgia. I hope that I don't end up receiving requests about the Georgia site. With a large entity, like Texas A&M, once something gets into a database, list or whatever, it can take a long time for that information to get corrected.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's boring; it's awful, but I totally read it! And, since I opted not to pay my bill, we haven't been receiving the paper lately (much to my 11 year old's dismay). So, thanks for posting and ranting about this awful, stupid, insidious strip. Now, can you tell me if Aunt Joan had her baby yet?

Stephanie said...

It is indeed awful and boring, and I like to read it too!