Drivel that cannot fit in a single panel comic.

Friday, December 21, 2007

Die, Chihuahua Lady, Die

What is going on with Mary Worth's hand in the first panel?

I'm hating Chihuahua lady more and more. First, she uses a retractable leash and then has the audacity to lecture Mary Worth about dog control. Second, I find myself defending Mary Worth and feeling sympathy toward her.

Mad props to Karen Moy for writing a character more loathsome than Mary Worth herself.

I want to see Chihuahua lady go down like Aldo Kelrast but because Chihuahua lady deserves it, Karen Moy will deny me. I want a fiery end but Karen Moy will deliver a lame segue into another plot and I will keep reading and hoping despite past experience.

I have no problems with Chihuahuas and other toy breeds. I've interacted with some very delightful small dogs and my parents own a Pomeranian. The retractable leash and the lady's attitude irritate me. I would find the attitude and leash irritating regardless of the breed of dog at the end.

While on the subject of dog behavior, I will plug this Behavior Workshop hosted by Woodstock Animal Foundation of Texas.

1 comment:

Wanders said...

A merry Christmas to all lovers of train wrecks, auto accidents and Mary Worth. All equally fascinating.