Drivel that cannot fit in a single panel comic.

Saturday, January 05, 2008

You've Been Warned!

I found a cartooning project courtesy of the always brilliant blog: Judge a Book by Its Cover and this hilarious post: http://judgeabook.blogspot.com/2008/01/youve-been-warned.html

Maughta and one her co-workers at the library were reading passages from James Patterson's current best seller, "You've Been Warned ("Fear is just the beginning")" and found it quite amusing. This book is number one on the New York Times best seller list for hard cover fiction.

Maughta typed up a list of all the last sentences of every chapter of this book. I read them and several of them caused single panel cartoons to instantly come to mind. This would be a fun challenge: draw a single panel cartoon for all 110 last lines of each chapter of You've Been Warned. This could keep me going for several months. I've been in a bit of a writing slump anyway and this might be just the thing to get me out. Some of the lines will take some creativity in coming up with a humorous visual. I'm excited about cartooning again! Thanks Maughta and James Patterson!

No comments: