Drivel that cannot fit in a single panel comic.

Friday, January 21, 2005

I walked 11,271 steps/ 8.46 kilometers.

On the radio: Peaches and Herb - Shake Your Groove Thing

I checked out a couple of clip art sites and found some good information on rates and license agreements. I requested some information from a couple of online art programs. Hopefully, their callers will pronounce my last name correctly and identify themselves.

On the radio: Commodores - Three Times A Lady

My last name does not have several consonants in a row and the majority of it is made up of a common, easy to pronounce word but telemarketers just screw it up. It does help me identify a telemarketer.

I visited some cartoonists and cartoon directories. It was kind of depressing seeing drawings so much better than mine. I really need to improve my skills. I have a hard time with hands.

I could use some coaching on putting together a portfolio. That was a frustrating aspect of college. I learned some skills but did not learn a thing about presenting those skills and my work. In some things I need some clear instructions and practice. I gained skills to do a job but did not learn the skills to land the job. I guess that is part of what I want to get out of school if I decide to go back. That and a career more to my liking. Maybe there is a single class on portfolio making and presentation. I wonder if University Plus offers anything like that? I need to go to the MSC basement and pick up a schedule. Maybe sign up for a drawing class.

On the radio: Love Unlimited Orchestra - Satin Soul

I was service leader last Sunday and I did not experience a single butterfly. I was not nervous at all. I'm going to finish out the month of January as service leader.

On the radio: Maze - Running Away

On the radio: The Impressions - People Get Ready

I like soul music.

No comments: