Drivel that cannot fit in a single panel comic.

Thursday, January 13, 2005

Yesterday I walked 10,081 steps/ 7.56 kilometers and burned 2,110 calories.

I did an abbreviated update on the website this morning because of a thunderstorm last night. I do not turn on the computer during thunderstorms.

The only thing updated was the cartoon on the front page. I will update the archives and other pages tonight.

I enjoy watching MTV's Pimp My Ride. Do the young people who get their rides pimped have to pay taxes on the customization? I bet that is a rude awakening if they do have to pay taxes. The value of the customization probably doubles these young peoples' usual income.

There was this really cool show that used to be on F/X. It featured an actor/ scrounger and his brother who could make anything out of just about anything. The actor would receive letters from people with problems but very little cash. They pimped out a guy's crappy Cadillac for $100 by purchasing items from thrift stores and garage sales, dumpster diving and negotiation. They covered the Cadillac in crushed purple velvet. They also remodeled a couple's garage for a huge jar of quarters and helped a girl raise money for breast implants using $400 that she had saved. F/X was playing a marathon of these shows and Walter and I thought it was really cool show. The actor's brother was an amazing builder and visualizer and the actor was a hell of a scrounger. The person being helped also had to participate in the dumpster diving. We really liked the show and wanted to see more but alas F/X no longer airs it as far as I know. Too bad because it was a really great show.

I will have to check the F/X schedule to see if it is on the air.

No comments: