Drivel that cannot fit in a single panel comic.

Monday, August 06, 2007

Assumptions

Where did Dr. Drew get the non-white lab coat? Does Dr. Drew have to bitch slap him a colleague?

So this is what madness looks like. Yeah, Olive, Popeye has his head stuck inside the mouth of a cow because he no longer cares about you. I've known people who would make the same sort of assumption. The cow thing only demonstrates the insanity of assuming that other people's motives for their actions stem from lack of care for you or out of spite. Sometimes it is what it is - nothing else.

I've fallen a bit behind in my gag writing. Fortunately, something usually comes to me when I sit down and draw. I had some time to write while waiting for a speaker, today. My usual technique involves sort of stream of consciousness writing and doodling. I can get a few viable gags out of that in a 30 minute session. Today, I tried writing gags around a theme. I chose waiting because that's what I was doing. Got 5 solid gags out of a 10 minute session. I will try this technique for a while. Add some focus to my writing.

No comments: