Drivel that cannot fit in a single panel comic.

Sunday, October 21, 2007

Exercise Log

This week I ran, cycled and walked 20.09 miles, burned 2003.2 calories and weigh 175.5 pounds

Tuesday: cycling - 1.86 miles in 15:00
Wednesday: ran - 7.08 miles in 1:25:00
Thursday: cycling - 2.52 miles in 15:00
Saturday: walk - 3.12 miles in 59:13
Sunday: ran - 5.51 miles in 1:17:21

I need to stay away from trails until after the marathon. During the 50K trail race (I was listed as DNF - I was not the only one) and my Sunday run (on a much easier set of trails) I experienced a very sharp pain on my Achilles tendon. After walking for a while the pain went away and I was able to resume running. I experienced a similar pain last year on a training run on roads. The pain was preceded by a popping sensation. Each time the pain went away after a bit of walking and did not return for the rest of the run. The recovery was faster on the road than the trails.

I still felt a bit tired from the big trail race and had some difficulty in keeping up my speed on Wednesday.

I should be fully recovered this week and resume appropriate intensity.

Next week's plan:
Monday: 1 hour run @ marathon pace (12:16/ mile)
Tuesday: 20 minutes cycling and calisthenics
Wednesday: 6 mile tempo run (3 @ 10:39)
Thursday: 20 minutes cycling and calisthenics
Friday: walking
Saturday: 8 miles or more @ 12:16
Sunday: rest

No comments: