Drivel that cannot fit in a single panel comic.

Friday, July 20, 2007

Everybody's Gonna Dance Tonight

This commercial annoys me every time it airs. Thankfully, it has not aired for a while.

Paul McCartney is just phoning it in. He knows, everyone knows it, but no one will call him on it.

It probably took all of five minutes to write this song and it's a hit. Only Paul McCartney, excuse me, SIR Paul McCartney can get away with this. If I performed a song like this people would think I'm some kind of idiot and boo my ass off the stage but Paul McCartney, he does not have to try anymore. Granted, he's 60 years old and has had a long, productive career and maybe does not feel the need to put forth that much effort. McCartney is probably thinking, hell if this stupid little song is a hit, let's figure out how much less effort I can put into the next hit. I'm afraid by the time Paul McCartney makes it to 70 that his latest hit song will nothing but the sound of his farts. Maybe throw in a few silent ones to give it some edginess.

Paul McCartney farts and sells millions of downloads on iTunes.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yes! I am so glad to see someone else with the same opinion of that commercial. I complain every time it comes on, for much the same reason. The smug look on his face makes me want to vomit.